Frequently Asked Questions
What time is check-in / check-out?
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm and check out time is 12:00 pm.
- If you arrive early, our front desk will be happy to hold your bags while you explore the resort grounds.
What is the cancellation policy if I'm no longer able to visit the Island?
Guarantee Policy: All credit cards will be charged a deposit equal to the first night's stay, one month prior to the arrival date. If the reservation is within the 30-day window, your credit card is charged on the booking date.
Cancellation Policy: Cancel 7 days prior to arrival to avoid forfeiture of deposit. Deposit less $25 will be refunded if canceled earlier.
What's the best way to get from the Jacksonville, Brunswick, and Savannah airports to the Jekyll Island Club Resort?
Is there a parking fee?
- There is an $8.00 toll to get on the island since it's a state-owned park and can be higher for holidays and special events. There is not a fee to park at the resort. Click here to view more information on island parking rates.
Is there a dress code at the Grand Dining Room? Are reservations required?
- We ask that gentlemen wear a jacket or a collared shirt for dinner.
- Breakfast and Sunday brunch are casual.
- Reservations for dinner and Sunday brunch are strongly recommended
How far is it to the beach? Is there transportation?
- We are located one mile from the ocean.
- We provide intra-island transportation.
Is the resort ADA accessible?
- We offer handicapped rooms, all with two queen beds.
- Our sister property, the Jekyll Ocean Club, offers roll-in showers.
Roll-in showers not available in the historic district
Are the rooms smoke-free?
- All guest rooms are designated non-smoking.
Is the pool heated?
- Yes, the pool is heated seasonally.
Are dogs allowed to stay at the resort?
- We have limited dog-friendly rooms available in the Sans Souci building only.
- There is a $100.00 non-refundable pet fee.
- There is a 30lb weight limit and we only allow one dog per room.
- Jekyll Island Club Pet Policy Agreement
I'm staying at Jekyll Island Club Resort, do I have access to Jekyll Ocean Club?
- Yes, you have access to everything at the Jekyll Ocean Club
What's the best way to get around the island?
- Jekyll Wheels (bikes)
- Red Bug Motors: 912.635.9330
What Credit Cards do we Accept?
- Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover Card
POLICIES AND SAFETY
- All reservations must be guaranteed by a major credit card or by an advanced deposit.
- Credit card guarantees will be processed for first night's room and taxes, 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- Advance deposits must be received within 14 days after reservation is made when time allows, or reservation will be canceled.
- Reservations canceled 7 days prior to the arrival date are subject to a $25.00 service fee.
- Reservations canceled or changed within 7 days of the arrival date will forfeit the first night's deposit.
- Guests leaving prior to their scheduled departure date will be charged a $75.00 fee.
- Guaranteed reservations that are unclaimed will be charged one night's room and taxes.
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm. Check out time is 12:00 pm.
- The hotel is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not allowed in any guest room or indoor public area. Smoking in any guest room will result in a cleaning fee of $225.00 per room charged to the registered room guest.
- A 12% tax is added to all room rate categories and all rooms are subject to a $20 per night resort fee plus 7% sales tax and a state-mandated Hotel-Motel fee. (see below)
- For reservations booked in Cherokee or Crane Cottage we reserve the right to change to equal or upgraded accommodations in other buildings in the Hotel and will notify you of this change in advance.
What Your Resort Fee Provides
- Beach chairs & umbrella at Ocean Club and Beach Pavilion (seasonal)
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water (2)
- Use of in-room safe
- High-speed wireless internet services
- Use of the fitness room
- Pool towel services (seasonal)
- On-property parking
- History tour of the hotel: Monday-Thursday at 2:00 pm
- Free shuttle between both properties, and the Beach Pavilion in season
State Hotel-Motel Fee
In the 2015 state legislative session, Georgia House and Senate leaders passed House Bill 170, a bill which is attached to a broader transportation package that will funnel millions each year into road and bridge repairs in the state of Georgia. The State Hotel-Motel Fee – a mandatory $5.00 per night fee on any rented hotel room in the state of Georgia began effective on July 1, 2015. As such, the Jekyll Island Club Resorts are now lawfully required to act as an agent of the government and to collect this fee, per night per room.
The hotel features one of today’s most sophisticated safety fire alarm systems in the industry. Each room is equipped with a smoke detector hardwired into emergency generators. In addition, our sprinkler systems cover not only all rooms and public areas, but also crawl spaces and attic coverings. Hand-held fire extinguishers, as well as emergency lighting, have been strategically placed in all public areas to ensure the utmost of fire safety. Your precious valuables and jewelry are protected in our in-room safes.