Jekyll Island Bike Trails
Let’s plan your biking adventure.
Jekyll Island is a cyclist’s paradise with 20 miles of paved bike paths, winding through forests, beaches, riverfront, and the Historic District. Choose from beach cruisers, tandems, kids’ bikes or mountain bikes at Jekyll Island Club’s very own Jekyll Wheels, located just behind the Clubhouse. Before setting out on your wheels, please allow us to help point you in the right direction with our local tips.
All Great Jekyll Island Bike Adventures Start at Jekyll Wheels
Located just behind the Jekyll Island Club in the Historic District, Jekyll Wheels Bike Rental has bikes available for all ages and skill levels. We offer half day or full day bike rentals.
Best Biking Destinations
*All recommendations begin at Jekyll Wheels Bike Rental
- Historic District – Hollybourne Cottage, Villa Ospo, Villa Marianna. Mileage: .2 Miles or 5 min. This loop is not marked on Google Maps. Located in the Landmark Historic District behind Jekyll Island Club
- Horton House – Mileage: 3.4 miles or 17 min
- Jekyll Island Fishing Pier – Mileage: 4.7 miles or 22 min
- Driftwood Beach – 4.6 miles or 23 min
- Beach Pavilion * (seasonal) – Mileage: est. 2.7 miles or 15 min. This route does not have a Google Map listing. It is located about 5 minutes past Tortuga Jacks
More Biking Trails
- Beach Village – Mileage: 1.5 miles or 8 min
- St. Andrews Beach – Mileage: 3.7 miles or 22 min
- Dairy Queen – Mileage: 1.1 miles or 5 minutes
- Fuse Frozen Yogurt – Mileage: 1.5 miles or 8 min
- Horton Pond
- Route 1: 4.1 miles or 21 minutes. This trail is paved for the first 2/3 then unpaved through the woods. Recommended for advance riders.
- Route 2: 4.5 miles or 24 minutes up Beachview Dr N. Follow the directions for car instead of a bike.