Frequently Asked Questions
In order to make it easier to plan your next visit to the Jekyll Island Club Resort, we’ve provided some of the most frequently asked questions regarding our current operations, as well as the details and inclusions of our resort policies and fees.
Can I make a new reservation now?
Yes. Please CLICK HERE TO BOOK or call 912-319-4349 to book a new reservation. We’re currently open to overnight guests at both the Island and the Ocean Club.
Are the beaches open?
The beaches are open for all regular beach activities including the use of beach chairs, umbrellas, and coolers.
Are the pools open?
The pools at The Jekyll Island Club and The Jekyll Ocean Club are currently open.
Is Jekyll Wheels open?
Jekyll Wheels is open daily for bicycle rentals.
Where can I find what island activities are available?
Please click here to learn more.
What time is check-in/check-out?
Check-in time is 4:00 pm or later, and guests must be checked out by 11:00 am. If you arrive early, our front desk will be happy to hold your bags while you explore the resort grounds prior to your check-in time.
Are pets allowed to stay at the Resort?
We have 4 designated pet-friendly rooms within the Sans Souci building. Pets are not allowed at the Jekyll Ocean Club or within our other historic buildings. To reserve a pet-friendly room, you must call the hotel directly and speak with one of our reservation agents; pet-friendly rooms cannot be reserved online. There is a $150.00 non-refundable pet fee and a limit of one 30lb pet per room. View The Jekyll Island Club Pet Policy Agreement
Is your Resort Shuttle Service running?
Our Resort Shuttle runs between the Jekyll Ocean Club and the Jekyll Island Club exclusively for Jekyll Island Club and Jekyll Ocean Club guests with pick-ups every half hour at our designated locations. The service is complimentary for resort guests.
Is there a parking fee?
There is an $10 toll/State Park fee to enter the Island since it is a protected park, but there is no fee to park at the resort. The toll is sometimes higher for holidays and special events. Both hotels have ample parking availability. Free parking is available onsite at both the Jekyll Island Club and Jekyll Ocean Club. Valet parking is available at The Jekyll Island Club. Additional parking is available off-site within 1,000 feet of the Jekyll Ocean Club and Jekyll Island Club if needed.
Where can I eat breakfast?
Where can I eat lunch?
Where can I eat dinner?
Dinner service is available at Eighty Ocean Kitchen and Bar, located at Jekyll Ocean Club, and The Wharf, located at Jekyll Island Club. The Pantry at the Island Club is also open for casual dining through the evening. The Grand Dining Room is not serving dinner at this time.
Where can I order drinks?
The Pool House and Eighty Ocean Kitchen and Bar serve poolside drinks, and Eighty Ocean Kitchen and Bar has great craft beers and cocktails for selection during lunch and dinner. The Wharf has an excellent bar selection while you dine or are enjoying the afternoon on the deck, while The Pantry has package service available with beer, wine, and canned cocktails, and The Lobby Bar serves drinks in the evening.
Do you have a crib or rollaway bed that can be requested for rooms?
Yes, we have rollaway beds that can be added to your room reservations at the Jekyll Island Club. They are $35 per night plus tax. Rollaway beds are not available at the Jekyll Ocean Club. For a crib, we offer guests a Pack and Play for young children. The Pack and Play is a complimentary amenity upon request when making to your room reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
Guarantee Policy: All credit cards will be charged a deposit equal to the first night’s stay at time of reservations.
Cancellation Policy: Cancel 7 days prior to arrival to avoid forfeiture of deposit.
How do I reserve a cabana?
Resort Policies, Fees & Information
- All reservations must be guaranteed by a major credit card or by an advanced deposit.
- Credit card guarantees will be processed for first night’s room and taxes, at time of reservation.
- Reservations canceled 7 days prior to the arrival date are subject to a service fee.
- Reservations canceled within 7 days of the arrival date will forfeit the first night’s deposit.
- Guests leaving prior to their scheduled departure date will be charged one night’s room rate and tax.
- Guaranteed reservations that are unclaimed will be charged one night’s room and taxes.
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm. Check out time is 11:00 am.
- The hotel is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not allowed in any guest room or indoor public area. Smoking in any guest room will result in a cleaning fee of $225.00 per room charged to the registered room guest.
- For reservations booked in Cherokee or Crane Cottage we reserve the right to change to equal or upgraded accommodations in other buildings in the Hotel and will notify you of this change in advance.
- A 11% tax is added to all room rate categories and all rooms are subject to a $38 per night resort amenities fee plus 6% sales tax and a state-mandated lodging fee. Please note, taxes and fees can change without notice.
What The Resort Amenities Fee Provides
- Beach chairs & umbrella at Ocean Club and Beach Pavilion (seasonal)
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water (2)
- Use of in-room safe
- High-speed wireless internet services
- Use of the fitness room
- Pool towel services (seasonal)
- On-property parking
- Free shuttle between both properties
State Lodging Fee
In the 2015 state legislative session, Georgia House and Senate leaders passed House Bill 170, a bill which is attached to a broader transportation package that will funnel millions each year into road and bridge repairs in the state of Georgia. The State Hotel-Motel Fee – a mandatory $5.00 per night fee on any rented hotel room in the state of Georgia began effective on July 1, 2015. As such, the Jekyll Island Club Resorts are now lawfully required to act as an agent of the government and to collect this fee, per night per room.
- In-stay housekeeping is available by request at the Jekyll Island Club and Jekyll Ocean Club.
- Our enhanced cleaning standards carry through to all of our spaces and amenities.
Retire to the Riverfront Lobby
A big day spent exploring the island and the surrounding Golden Isles is best followed by a relaxing evening in Jekyll Island Club’s Riverfront Lobby, where chess, classic board games, and stiff cocktails await.