Stay Safe, Start Living
Jekyll Island Club Resort is a very special place for our resort guests, members, and dedicated team. Everyone’s safety is our top priority and we are committed to providing a comfortable and safe environment for all to enjoy. As such, we have made several adjustments to our resort operations to ensure your safety.
Our team has been fully trained on the importance of upholding the highest level of sanitation standards and we’re taking every precaution to protect our guests, community, and staff. When planning to join us, we ask that you approach the resort as your home away from home and respect our evolving protocol.
We’ve Elevated our High Standards
Our Team is our family, and if they’re not feeling great—we support them at home. When they’re here, from our housekeepers to our chefs to our Managing Director, they’re monitored daily, including temperature.
We Can’t Change the Situation, so we Changed Ourselves
Our new electrostatic sprayers protect our Team and allow them to disinfect what you see and don’t see. Before you arrive, we’ll have cleaned every surface, remote, phone, bed, and everything in between. If you are visiting multiple nights, additional amenities will be placed in your guestroom.
Curated Solutions for Clean, Comfortable, and Flexible Events
Everyone’s health and safety is our top priority, and we’ve elevated our high standards. As a result, we’re proud to provide our clients with customized solutions to meet and exceed their goals.
- We request that if you have a temperature over 100 degrees, you quarantine in your guest room. If you experience other symptoms, please contact your health care provider and make our Resort General Manager aware to avoid placing others at risk.
- We request that our guests respect others’ space while on property. We have protective shields in place at main contact areas. Social distancing measures are in place with contactless check-out available when it is time to depart.
- Cashless transactions are available for all charges at the property.
- Our in-room housekeeping services are by request for the Jekyll Island Club and Jekyll Ocean Club. We provide housekeeping services on the third day of stay. Our housekeepers will remain focused on thorough departure and pre-arrival cleanings.
- The property is disinfected with electrostatic spray, high-touch surfaces are cleaned and disinfected, and sheets and towels are washed at 60°C/140°F or hotter.
Pools and Spas
- The pools and spa will be chlorinated to the maximum permissible levels. CDC protocol states, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools or hot tubs; proper operation and maintenance should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
- Upon arrival at Jekyll Wheels, you’ll be greeted by the attendant, who will review bike rental options and provide all necessary equipment.
- All bikes and helmets are disinfected after each use.
- The fitness center is an unstaffed facility, and we ask that you please wipe down the equipment before and after each use.
- We have an assigned member of our team that will come through every two hours to sanitize all of the equipment.
- We also ask if you plan to use the facility, that you bring your workout mat.
- We encourage you to take advantage of the various outdoor spaces and activities to change your workout routine and enjoy some of the beauty of Jekyll Island.
- Reservations are required for lawn and equipment use. Please reserve a time with one of the guest service agents. Croquet will only be reserved for guests traveling together.
- At check-in, the agent will provide the necessary equipment along with instructions if needed.
- Upon completion, return the equipment to the agent for sanitation and storage.
- All equipment will be secured and only available with a reservation.
Team Member Protocol
- Our team is our family, and if they’re not feeling well—we support them at home. When they’re here, from our housekeepers to our chefs to our Resort General Manager, they’re monitored daily, including temperature.
- All team members are regularly trained on our enhanced standards as well as the following best practices:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover mouths and noses with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing, and dispose of tissues immediately
- All team members are monitored daily, including their temperature.
- To ensure everyone’s safety, personal protective equipment is worn by staff, hand sanitizer is provided at frequently visited areas, we have enhanced food service safety measures in place at all of our restaurants, and individually wrapped food options are available at The Pantry.
Traditions are Made Here
It only takes one visit to be utterly swept off your feet by the classic charm and curiosity-inspiring settings at Jekyll Island Club Resort. Make a vacation at our Southern oasis your new family tradition.